• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Take a look this one has me stumped!!??

2 posts in this topic

Hello all new here but just was stumped with this one, has anyone ever seen the likes of this note.This is German MPC of 1942 1 Pfenning M32. It has two hand stamps on the back. The first is German of course, and rough translation is: German Army Greece(land) @ top the bottom references a political authority and Mentions Saloniki-Agais (Ageian) The Red stamp is Greek (to me!!) of course and I can pick out the in Greek Macedonia. Germany occupied Greece in WWII from 1941 to 1944. Any help about this would be wonderful.

I have no way to upload the pictures please email me and I can send them direct

These were issued in Greece by the German army. They are listed under Greece in the Pick catalog. They should have the two handstamps you identify.

A word of caution, however. The notes with the Greek handstamps were considered scarce and brought much more money than those without. Examples with faked handstamps have entered the marketplace.