• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How about some fractionals?

12 posts in this topic

I love fractionals too. They are nice looking notes, but I too agree with Banknote1 as to them not being uncirculated. I'm not putting your notes down, but just offering an opinion in my grading. The 25cent shows 3 corners with creases. The 15cent looks to have some folding. Pictures are deceiving sometimes though.

The 15 cent has two slanting folds running from top to bottom . The note might be crisp but what I am seeing isn't light shining off of the holder! Sorry but the 15 cent isn't any better than AU,IMO. I have been fooling with currency for over 30 years.

The other note has corner folds and what looks to be a good bid of soiling. Sorry but that note is AU at best as well!

WOW!!

I want some of those!

That statement can be said of roughly every monitary piece the US ever released.

Coins, currency, bullion. I'm sure if the US Govt. ever decided to make diamonds legal tender I'd have to have a bunch of them laying around somewhere.

[#@$%!!!] I hate being addicted. Well, not really!

I am also interested in fractional currency and have a small collection. I would be interested in seeing the pictures of your fractionals, but they currently don't show up. Please repost.

As I understand it, the value of a fractional is higher if it has the perforated edge (like that of a stamp) as compared to a straight edge. How much more valuable does the "stamp edge" give to a fractional of the same grade?