• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Entire World Currency Collection: Philippine 2000 piso note

7 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

With the opening of a new paper money forum here I figured why not post the sole note in my world currency collection. It's from the Philippines, a 2000 piso note printed in 1998 to commemorate the inaugaration of President Joesph Estrada:

742390-ErapObv.jpg

742392-ErapRev.jpg

I received this note as a gift a while back. At the time I was dating a girl from the Philippines and since my coin collecting interest had just begun to be rekindled she thought this note would make a nice gift. At the time 2000 pisos was equivilent to $50 and probably a bit less now. It's quite big: 5''x8.5''.

I can honestly say I have nothing else like it in my collection!

-JamminJ

Cool, JJ , I like the colors in it, too! Did you notice that the woman standing to the right of Estrada on the face does not look like the same woman sitting in the window on the back? Mistress or daughter?

Chris

Did you notice that the woman standing to the right of Estrada on the face does not look like the same woman sitting in the window on the back? Mistress or daughter?

Chris

I think they're different people on the back. Not being fluent in Tagalog I cannot translate, but the reverse legend reads:

Pagdiriwang ng Sentenayro ng Kalayaan sa Kawit, Cavite na pinangunahan ni Pangulong Fidel V. Ramos noong ika-12 ng Hunyo, 1998.

Fidel Ramos was Erap's predecessor so maybe that's him in the window. confused-smiley-013.gif

-JamminJ

Wasn't this note given to you years ago by a former mentally unstable girlfriend? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

TRUTH

Why yes it was! She was nutty but a lot of fun (wink, wink, nudge, nudge).

-JamminJ

I think they're different people on the back. Not being fluent in Tagalog I cannot translate, but the reverse legend reads:

Pagdiriwang ng Sentenayro ng Kalayaan sa Kawit, Cavite na pinangunahan ni Pangulong Fidel V. Ramos noong ika-12 ng Hunyo, 1998.

Fidel Ramos was Erap's predecessor so maybe that's him in the window. confused-smiley-013.gif

-JamminJ

Your guess is right J, those are different women. (Then) first lady Luisa Ejercito is with Estrada on the obverse side while former first lady Amelita Ramos is on the reverse side.

Here are the English translations of captions in Filipino:

Obverse: Swearing-in of President Joseph E. Estrada at the Barasoain Church, Malolos, Bulacan, on 30 June 1998.

Reverse: Independence Centennial Celebration at Kawit, Cavite led by President Fidel V. Ramos on 12 June 1998.

Estrada does have lots of mistresses, but none is pictured on this note :)