• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$500 1934A Need opinions please

16 posts in this topic

I have an opportunity to buy this from a friend. He said he purchased it many years ago and now wants to sell it.

I'm pretty new to paper money. Can anyone help me as far as grade, value and if it's counterfeit? Thanks for any help! Should I get this graded? There is a small tear at the "FIVE" about 3/4" long.

50020note20front_zpsrrabygk9.jpg

50020note20back_zpsng9urtii.jpg

That is a good deal even with the tear.

I agree--go for it, depending on price which you can negotiate. You mentioned seller wanted

$650 but there was some leeway, go for the leeway. Probably would grade as a VF 30/35 with

probably a NET or Apparent notation due to the tear. Let us know how

you come out please.

It looks like the only real defect is the tear, in a holder it would be more saleable and could be submitted with other notes on an economy tier at around $20 each at which point if it graded VF35 net or so it would be worth more. What do you want a dirty, folded up note with lots of wear but no tear or this one?

It looks like the only real defect is the tear, in a holder it would be more saleable and could be submitted with other notes on an economy tier at around $20 each at which point if it graded VF35 net or so it would be worth more. What do you want a dirty, folded up note with lots of wear but no tear or this one?

Agreed!

with tear it has I would put it in a mylar holder and leave it alone

I sort of agree with wheat'swheats but it's your choice. If you plan on selling it then it's probably worth the grading time and fees. If you're going to keep it then by all means on your label be sure to mention the tear. Good luck and if you send it for grading please let us know how it comes out. :)

with tear it has I would put it in a mylar holder and leave it alone

I sort of agree with wheat'swheats but it's your choice. If you plan on selling it then it's probably worth the grading time and fees. If you're going to keep it then by all means on your label be sure to mention the tear. Good luck and if you send it for grading please let us know how it comes out. :)

Curious why you tell him to "by all means on your label be sure to mention the tear" if he keeps it? Why, so he can be reminded of the flaw every time he wants to enjoy his note? If he was selling it, then I could understand your advice. It's his bill, and if he's keeping it, he knows it has a slight tear.