• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"911" Note from 2015 Coin & Currency Set Mintage of 90K Rare or Not

8 posts in this topic

Hello all, my 1st post here . I'm most do NGC silver and gold coins. Now last year the US mint did a 2014 coin and currency set mintage of 50k. Native One dollar coin. So I got it with PMG graded 66 EPQ. So come 1 yr later 2015 Set, this time the $1 note from Federal Reserve Bank of New York contains serial number beginning with “911”. The $1 Series 2013 note from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York features a serial number beginning with “911” in recognition of the Mohawk Ironworkers contributions to the construction of the World Trade Center twin towers, as well as their volunteer work in the recovery efforts following the attacks of September 11, 2001. mintage 90k

Now my question is I just got back the 2 I sent out to be graded, I would like to know about this one I have. s/n 91167119 PMG 66EPQ This is a radar note I have right. Now how rare it is.

Thank you silverstack

My understanding is the 90K+ limit was set so as to retain the "911" as first three digits of the serial number, so it will definitely be a limited run and FEW notes for collectors. With this in mind it's not difficult to see that RADAR notes for the "911" series will indeed be limited; and even more limited would be the radar notes 911xx119 will be extremely limited/rare, since there can only be 100 of them, serials 91100119, 91111119, 91122119, 91133119, and so forth. As wheat said if only your middle two digits had been 66 you would have a radar, or 00 thru 99.

I had an Fr. 911 PMG certified etc. for sale; didn't bring much of a premium. But some of those radars and repeaters will blow the socks off of everyone who sees it and the karma will attract wonderful things into your life. In fact I'm working on a book with the famous Mike Murdock ("The Law of Recognition", "31 Reasons People Do Not Receive Their Financial Harvest") on how recognizing winning serial numbers on currency will literally revolutionize your life and finances. lol

I personally don't think that there will be much collectability there for the simple fact that these notes were created for the collector and every one of them will be saved in pristine condition with few exceptions. Sure there will only be a 100 radars in this series but it is still 100 of them. to each his own but I would buy something else. Now there might be some nut that will run up the price for these first issued notes as we saw with HOF coins last summer but there are always people who have more money than brains.