• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Appraiser Needed

9 posts in this topic

ChicagoBoy,

Well depending upon your reason the "answers" will differ. If you're looking for a valuation for insurance or family heirloom purposes that's one scenario. If you're looking to auction/sell then that takes on another mantle. Would you share with us the size and condition of the notes in question, this would help tremendously. There are several very reputable dealers and auction houses who offer appraisal services if your intent is to auction/sell.

Thanks Techwriter From what I understand there is a $1000k bill and a $500 bill both graded at 67 (assuming that number is a graded number) Not my bills and the owner hasn't decided what to do with them or not. They are not a collector fyi just looking for some info.

Well, the more information the better. Pictures would be a terrific help. IF these are notes that are graded either by PCGS or PMG or other TPG, then all the information on the labels would be of valuable assistance (assuming photos not available) Since you indicated they said the notes were graded "67" I suspect these are in TPG holders from some company.

I agree completely with the Nutmeg Coin's comments. Hopefully your friend was able to use the information I previously sent via PM. We've done about all we can for now. And one real benefit you'll receive from joining the PCGS forum is additional learning opportunities; knowledge which you could pass along to your friend or use for your own education. Heck, you might even become a "paper person" yourself!! Do stay tuned and sending best personal regards.