• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PMG Graded World Bank Notes

4 posts in this topic

I have bought a few of these - modern issues in PMG 65 - 67. Some have gone for greater than CV and some for much less. I see some of these are from sellers in the Far East - China, Hong Kong, Korea.

Whar are your thoughts in buying these if seems like a good deal? Have you done well on them?

I am starting to track these in an excel sheet to try and make sense out of some of the realized vs CV variation.

It will be difficult to reach any conclusions if you are going to track world notes. Every area has its own market and own market forces. It will also depend on what catalog you are using for pricing. Quite frankly, the Pick catalog is fairly useless for pricing for many countries including Germany, China and India (just to name a few) unless you use it for relative comparisons.

The only place outside the US that I have seen TPG notes getting any premium over non-TPG is China and Hong Kong. I believe that this is due to the large number of fake notes in the marketplace.

It will be difficult to reach any conclusions if you are going to track world notes. Every area has its own market and own market forces. It will also depend on what catalog you are using for pricing. Quite frankly, the Pick catalog is fairly useless for pricing for many countries including Germany, China and India (just to name a few) unless you use it for relative comparisons.

The only place outside the US that I have seen TPG notes getting any premium over non-TPG is China and Hong Kong. I believe that this is due to the large number of fake notes in the marketplace.

Highly agree with lettow; pricing using the SCWPM for those three countries is a "poke in the dark"; I have my own way of tracking pricing and it's not the best. The TPG graded notes for many of the higher priced notes is just about the only way to know a REAL note from a fraud. Just be sure if at all possible that the seller has an enforceable return policy.