• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

World / Foreign Radar notes

19 posts in this topic

Well, I went back three years and did not find a thread about non-U.S. radar notes, so I decided what the heck. Here's a few of mine, first two I've had for over 20 years and finally decided to do something about them. Hope ya'll enjoy and will contribute.

rdr_GBr_1pound_808808_obv_zpsiowjwypt.jpg

rdr_GrBr_809908_rev_zpsqnkp5paf.jpg

rdr_GBr_1pound_707707_obv_zpscgea982a.jpg

rdr_GrBr_707707_rev_zpsdso8kd9r.jpg

rdr_argentina_00800800_zpsyavdwj1p.jpg

radar_MexSonora_34743_zpswmdsjixt.jpg

russia_ya191_zpsvyjy8qrs.jpg

canada_1dol_ame0208020_zpsq6kgdbwu.jpg

malaysiaBrBn_034430_zpsamwcapbt.jpg

brazil_1Crz_044440_zpsvahamjcu.jpg

That's enough for now :)

I'm not really a coin or currency guy but I used to work for Heritage in their comic book department and a few things eventually rubbed off on me. One of them was radar notes and now after years of dutifully looking at my money I may have finally found one:

100_yuan_radar.jpg

This is one of the new style 100 yuan banknotes (which are already being counterfeit with some success!). The first four numbers in red can be any combination of letters and numbers so I am discounting them, they are kind of a prefix to the actual digits of the serial number. I think the mirrored final 6 numbers qualify this as a genuine "radar" note, right? What do you think? Please advise.