• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What does a uncut sheet of 20 fractional currency notes FR1233 cost to grade ?

10 posts in this topic

Well, don't know about fractionals but I talked with PCGS about my four note sheet of $20 and $10 Star and they said $35 each. I'm going to be sending next week so we shall see,

20dol_Starsheet_zpsryu8jtva.jpg

I think that you should rethink sending these notes in to be graded for the following reasons. Your notes were cut from a 16 note or 32 note sheet produced for sale to the public only and not for general circulation and therefore is not an actual circulation "sheet"(all these sheets were star notes). The cost of grading these notes in my opinion would greatly exceed the value of the notes themselves. AS I stated these sheets started to be printed in the 1970's and were so inexpensive ( not much above face value) that paper dealers and collectors (myself included) would take a whole sheet or a 16 note sheet and cut bills from the sheet to pay the tab at restaurants and bars, which would really spook the servers who on occasion called the cops (which I was one at the time) thinking the bills were counterfeit. If you still wish to send them in good luck. The graders may consider these post printed damaged sheets, and charge you just to no grade them.

Well, don't know about fractionals but I talked with PCGS about my four note sheet of $20 and $10 Star and they said $35 each. I'm going to be sending next week so we shall see,

20dol_Starsheet_zpsryu8jtva.jpg

I think that you should rethink sending these notes in to be graded for the following reasons. Your notes were cut from a 16 note or 32 note sheet produced for sale to the public only and not for general circulation and therefore is not an actual circulation "sheet"(all these sheets were star notes). The cost of grading these notes in my opinion would greatly exceed the value of the notes themselves. AS I stated these sheets started to be printed in the 1970's and were so inexpensive ( not much above face value) that paper dealers and collectors (myself included) would take a whole sheet or a 16 note sheet and cut bills from the sheet to pay the tab at restaurants and bars, which would really spook the servers who on occasion called the cops (which I was one at the time) thinking the bills were counterfeit. If you still wish to send them in good luck. The graders may consider these post printed damaged sheets, and charge you just to no grade them.

These are not "post printed damaged sheets". The BEP sold these as four subject sheets. While they started out life as part of a larger sheet, the BEP cut them down to the four subject sheet before selling them. Examples have been graded by PCGS.

lettow, thanks for the information. I've sort of held off sending the $20 and $10 sheets for grading because I simply wasn't sure what was the better course of action. I certainly decided NOT to cut the individual notes from the sheets at any rate. Appreciate your insights. :)

lettow, thanks for the information. I've sort of held off sending the $20 and $10 sheets for grading because I simply wasn't sure what was the better course of action. I certainly decided NOT to cut the individual notes from the sheets at any rate. Appreciate your insights. :)

They do not appear to sell for much over face if Ebay is any indication. May not be worth the grading fee.