• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Value of Graded World Notes

4 posts in this topic

If you were to compute a factor for valuing a PMG Graded World Note where CV in CU60 was $50 (no amount given for higher grades) what would you use for a Gem CU 66 EPQ? I believe this would be worth much more than the value given for CU 60.

I think $100 would be a conservative asking price.

Oh wow, difficult question and even more challenging to find a "correct" response. Of course you would want to check the PMG World Paper Money Price Guide. (which I assumed you have done) With no note reported/graded above CU60 it's really a matter of trying to find one that may have been auctioned (check Heritage, Stacks, etc.) and check if they had one graded Gem CU 66 and was it graded by a TPG. You can always try "trolling" eBay and dealer price lists to see if there is one for sale. Otherwise, you can try $100 and see what happens. Example is this Costa Rica 5 Colones remainder, PMG guide indicates nothing higher than a CU60 has been graded by them. Is this note higher than a 60? answer is send it and find out.

costarica_5_colones_124856_zps7zwbi14q.jpg

Wish I could have been more definitive, sorry.

I don't think you can give a response to a generic question like this. It will depend on the note, how many exist and the collector demand.

The Costa Rican note posted is a perfect example. There are hundreds of ungraded UNC examples in the marketplace. Why anyone would pay a premium for a graded example is beyond me.