• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$500 & $1,000 US bills (1934)

8 posts in this topic

It wouldn't hurt. At around $40 a note and three weeks or so, it would be worth it. I have found that notes are very easy to image either with a scanner or at Staples which will do it for $2 per side and as buy it now on ebay, with offers. Do your research on Heritage Auctions and ebay as for market value.

It wouldn't hurt. At around $40 a note and three weeks or so, it would be worth it. I have found that notes are very easy to image either with a scanner or at Staples which will do it for $2 per side and as buy it now on ebay, with offers. Do your research on Heritage Auctions and ebay as for market value.

Thanks, that's good to know about the cost & time! (I should have asked)

Are PMG & PCGS the main two? What's the difference?

I don't follow the rest of your comment about scanning though, is that related to grading or if I just want to sell it? I have a scanner, I didn't think about that though, I was just at my bank so used my phone.

I have looked on Heritage but not much on ebay yet.

The two main ones are about the same. Scanning notes will allow you to have good images, the ones you posted here are too big, some other sites do automatic sizing for their sites.

Thanks!

I figured bigger was better.

This album is a little more manageable:

The face value of the notes alone make them candidates for grading.....if nothing else, get that $1,000 note into a better fitting holder. It appears that the top of the $1,000 note may becoming a little worse for wear because it's sticking out of the top of the holder. Is the San Francisco $500 split at the center top, or just badly creased ?