• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chinese anyone?

10 posts in this topic

From left to right:

1930 Central Bank 5 cgu P-326d catalogs at $.30/VG 1.00/VF

1941 Central Bank 100 yuan P-243a catalogs at $.50/VF 3.00/UNC

Japan 1946 10 yen P-87a catalogs at $1.25/VF 4.00/UNC

Japan 1958 100 yen P-90c catalogs at FV in lower grades and $2.00/UNC

Well, to answer your question about 'Pic' numbers; they are PICK numbers which refer to the numbering system developed by Albert Pick for "foreign" paper money. World paper money collectors can use the Pick number to "find" the particular note in the Standard Catalog of World Paper Money books. Yes, books, my oldest World Paper Money catalog that I still have is the Fourth Edition, Volume Two, General Issues for a grand total of 959 pages; sort of small considering today's current ones.

Anyway, that's what Pick numbers are all about. Hope your friend enjoys his notes and perhaps you'll want to venture forth in the paper money collecting hobby.

Best regards

Since we're on the subject of Chinese notes, I have a question for the Chinese note experts. Here's a note I "found" in my collection re-organizing and just cannot seem to attribute it to my satisfaction, I'm just not sure. Checked Smith/Matravers and the SCWPM 15th edition. So all help is truly appreciated.

china_bnkComm_5yuan_obv_zpssijzs8qn.jpg

china_bnkComm_5yuan_rev_zpscsxuk7eu.jpg

Thanks very much.

Don't wish to give you an answer. It would just be too easy. Would recommend you look at the potential source of the answer to your question:

Bank of Communications.

Both volumes you cite contain many examples issued by the above mentioned institution. Your date and place of issue would take you less than 5 minutes to find by searching the index of either catalog and then searching the indicated pages.

Good luck!

Hi Techwriter,

I'm a paper money and coin collector form Shanghai China.

Sorry for my poor Enlish skill , what's your question for this "BANK OF COMMUNICATIONS 5 yuan(Dollars) 1914"?

The infor. : Pick#117n S/M#C126-93a.

I don't knw how to attach a picture, otherwise I can attach a PMG graded picture for you (PMG number 8019120-016 , this one paper money SN is SB273872U).

If you have any future question of chinese coins or paper money. Please let me know and you can sent my E-mail : 550166807@qq.com .

Thank you.

Hi,

I'm a paper money and coin collector form Shanghai China.

Left1 : 1930 Central Bank 5 cgu P-326d , about 10-15 RMB/pcs(=1.6-2.4 USD) in China market in 2015.

Left 2 : 1941 Central Bank 100 yuan P-243a , about 20-30 RMB/pcs(=3.2-4.8 USD) in China market in 2015.

If you have any future question of chinese coins or paper money. Please let me know and you can sent my E-mail : 550166807@qq.com .