• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are BEP 2004a $10 FRNs Worth Submitting?

10 posts in this topic

Thanks for the scans.

I bought the complete set of these 4 years ago, and also got some very low serial numbers.

My first recommendation would be to remove this note and any others still in the BEP folders.

Any notes in the BEP folders develop corner creases because of how they are held into the folders.

Your note has decent centering but looks like some of the corners have been affected by being in the folder too long. I'm not sure how to safely remove the corner bends.....otherwise I would say it's a good candidate for grading.

I also noticed the corner impressions made by the holder in the folder and will remove it and place it between two heavy books and see if the corners smooth out.

It appears that PMG is the only currency TPG left after PCGS bowing out? I noticed on the PMG submission guidelines you need a minimum of five notes for submission?

I have other BEP products but I don't think they have enough of a premium to warrant grading.

If you have removed all of yours from the set, did you keep the original BEP folders, etc?

Thanks again, Steve, for the info.

Bob

I keep all of the BEP folders and holders in a large box in my closet, but I put the currency in new Mylar holders that I buy from Russell and Linda at the Sellitstore ; http://www.sellitstore.com/mylar.htm

There are a number of TPG's still grading notes, PMG, PCGS, Superior, and CGA.

I also noticed the corner impressions made by the holder in the folder and will remove it and place it between two heavy books and see if the corners smooth out.

It appears that PMG is the only currency TPG left after PCGS bowing out? I noticed on the PMG submission guidelines you need a minimum of five notes for submission?

I have other BEP products but I don't think they have enough of a premium to warrant grading.

If you have removed all of yours from the set, did you keep the original BEP folders, etc?

Thanks again, Steve, for the info.

Bob

PCGS still TPG's paper money. It is no longer part of the Collectors Universe family but they still TPG paper money.

That is a really cool note! It will sell better if you have it graded. If you want to keep it then it does not matter as much unless you would enjoy it better graded.

I just upgraded my membership to Associate and will send it in with some other notes for a grade.