• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

National Banknote Price Lists

6 posts in this topic

Interested in National Banknotes. Been tough to find price lists specific enough to each bank issuance (specific to locale). I have only found one printed source thus far (by Don C. Kelly) and no electronic sources.

Many price lists focus on an area I'm less interested in (signature combos) such as “Fr#533a type is worth $X” (to me that's quite generic, as perhaps 1000 banks issued that same note all over the country in different quantities/circumstances). I need a source which can state it’s worth X if that 533a was issued by XYZ Bank in NYC vs the same 533a type issued by a small bank in Idaho that only issued 500 in total. [My primary focus is on the "locale", then the type, etc..]

Willing to pay for a quality, updated source to reference. (Not looking for a philosophical discussion of the meaning of "value" or "worth" etc.) Thank you for the guidance.

Wasichu

Thank you. I looked at Track and Price quite some time ago, and I believe I discounted it then as it seemed to be an old visual basic inventory system app and not something providing me currently relevant price list info. Am I recalling incorrectly? The pricing element seemed to be limited to me tracking what I paid for it.

HA.com, sure, though I'd be muddling around and sometimes there are no sales of a particular National bank note in their vast archives. And going through several other auction sites to compile my own data would be against the point of paying somebody for a compiled source.

I'm open to the other "subscription" options you allude to. What would they be as I'm not seeing them online.

Track and Price has an exhaustive inventory of virtually all notes sold. It is the best resource but runs into several hundred dollars a year. But the month trial is free, so you could download it get all the population and pricing data for free. On Heritage I just enter $10 Walden, NY in their archives and let the matches happen. Or I have called friendly currency dealers who will look stuff up for me. PCGS currency forum is the most active.