• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Currency Cleaning

8 posts in this topic

All currency is graded with a number. There isn't a genuine or details grade like with coins.

You definitely don't want to mess with the paper yourself. But I wouldn't just blindly say leave it alone. Plenty of notes can be improved without damaging the originality or desirability. You would want to work with a professional though. And it also depends on the situation. I would say 90% of paper money that could be improved shouldn't be improved. There is a solid 10% where restoration work is necessary, welcome, and will improve the value.

All currency is graded with a number. There isn't a genuine or details grade like with coins.

You definitely don't want to mess with the paper yourself. But I wouldn't just blindly say leave it alone. Plenty of notes can be improved without damaging the originality or desirability. You would want to work with a professional though. And it also depends on the situation. I would say 90% of paper money that could be improved shouldn't be improved. There is a solid 10% where restoration work is necessary, welcome, and will improve the value.

There is a big difference between restoring and cleaning .