• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help needed with older Mexican currency

4 posts in this topic

I acquired some Mexican notes from 50 centavos to 10,000 pesos, about 25 in all. All are uncirculated and beautiful notes as many have beautiful artwork on the obverse. Most are dated circa 1914. Some are State notes and others bank notes and others obligations of Mexico. One has holes in it that I feel say amortized in English. All are in very good condition. The most beautiful are notes from 5 to 1000 Pecos. I doubt they are still have purchasing power. I have made a beautiful frame with the notes encased in the higher quality currency holders. No adhesive on any note. I bought them to make the frame and it turned out very nice as even my wife wants to hand it on our wall.

My question is are these notes of any value? I went into a coin shop I do business with and someone had just sold their either album of these notes to the shop. One was a specimen note and priced accordingly. Did not buy it as it was priced at $750. The coin shop is very reputable wholesaler and discounted the lot I bought as I and a repeat coin customer.

Do I have just pretty crisp paper or is there a collectors market for this type of currency. There are all very beautiful and uncirculated and have never been folded.

All are crisp, never circulated and circa 1914. Denominations are from 50 centavos to 10,000 pesos. The highest quality notes are in the 5 to 1000 range. I got them to make a frame as they are extremely beautiful.

Are any of these note types valuable or are they just pretty pieces of currency,