• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$20 Hawaii notes-Is there such a thing as error notes?

4 posts in this topic

I've noticed some variations in $20 Hawaii notes while browsing various auctions and stores. My question pertains to the vertical Hawaii stamp on the obverse of the bill. On some notes, I noticed the vertical Hawaii stamp was positioned to the inside of the 4 black numbers on the bill. On a few others, I noticed the vertical stamp was positioned between the 4 black numbers.

Is this an error or were different plates used for the overstamp of the vertical Hawaii and just an accepted anomaly?

My apologies if this is an ignorant post. I'm still a novice at currency collecting and my mentor couldn't answer this question and suggested I try to find an answer from you guys.

Thanks for any information you may be able to provide. If there's a way for me to post pics of what I'm asking about, please let me know how to post them and I'll gladly do it.

shifca