• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Today's Find!

8 posts in this topic

Hello everybody! I'm pretty new to collecting paper money and wanted to share my find with you guys today. I'm still in the middle of identifying all these pieces and was wondering what you guys thought of them? If you can help ID these I'd be grateful. Thank you! :)

Danny

Danny2Danny3Danny4Danny5Danny6Danny7Danny8Danny9Danny10Danny11Danny12

Thanks for sharing! The Friedberg book is available to all at a reasonable cost, in fact PCGS currency sent me a copy free as part of membership: http://www.amazon.com/Paper-United-States-Arthur-Friedberg/dp/0871845202

I don't know all the Friedberg numbers on those notes, you can look them up by entering date and denomination in an online search, such as within the HA system.

Or anyone could enter year of a note, denomination, and other relevant details and google will probably turn up relevant matches, thought the Heritage Auctions system is one of the best for getting free info. on coins and currency in pricing and population figures. Feel free to pm me with specific questions.

The PCGS forums seem to get a lot of action on currency issues, maybe the lounge chairs are bigger over there.

For selling, there are auction companies like Great Collections that will get your notes certified and sold within a reasonable amount of time. Ebay is bigger, but I have not had any luck selling uncertified material at near GS prices.

The first one appears to be an Fr. 37, Elliott-Burke series 1917

#2 appears to be an Fr. 30, Bruce-Wyman series 1880

#3 appears to be an Fr. 17a, Chittenden-Spinner, series 1862 with a small red seal and National Bank Note Co. listed twice on the lower border.

#4 appears to be an Fr. 230, Napier-McClung, series 1899

Sorry I can't help on the fractionals but the group as a whole is very nice.