• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

is this 50$ misprint worth anything?

10 posts in this topic

DSC00498.jpg

DSC00499.jpg

DSC00500.jpg

DSC00501.jpg

DSC00501.jpg

i was having trouble finding this kind of misprint on ebay. any ideas on how to start to figure out its value? or if its even a missprint at all?

found this in a safe my grandfather left to me. remember him showing it to me 15 years ago but had no idea what i was looking at in elementary school.

thanks

also (not sure if i can have 2 questions in one thread). is there anything special about this 500$ bill. the condition isnt great but i was wondering about the fact that its New york and the serial number is lower than the other ones on ebay.

DSC00492.jpg

That is indeed a gutter fold and as such has a collectors market. The condition is a little low but it is still worth more than face. The five hundred is attractive for what it is and should bring $800-$1200. Barring any problems I cannot see on the photo

wheat

Thanks wheat what makes it lower or above average for a non graded 1934 . Like Is having 5 serial numbers better than 6? I'm guessing New York is less desirable than a mint where they made less ?

Also for the 50$ when you say above face value are you talking like 70$ or above that. I'm only slightly familiar with certain coins so paper money collecting isn't my strong point

Thanks or the help

Yes, New York notes are more common, and as for 5 digit serial numbers they are pretty common too, they printed 288,000 of the 1934 NY light green seal $500 notes, and 90,000 of those had 5 digit serial numbers. I don't know much about errors, but the one you have it nice!

how does one ship these if you sell it on ebay?

like in a plastic case in a larger box that was usps or fedex cant fold an envelope?

Put the notes in a mylar holder then put that between cardboard. Put that in a priority box and ship

wheat