• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Old notes found in a dresser i bought in thrift shop..

18 posts in this topic

I would check Heritage Auctions archives, matches to your notes should give you a good ballpark figure. Because of the damage on the $5, I would think around $100 max. for that note. On the star repeater, there should be a lot of interest, again check auction records.

I need some help here..this looks to be a FR229a note..a 1899 one dollar silver cert.

I have down loaded a PCGS one from the internet and mine matches that one to a T..

only mine is a lot better than the graded one..can anyone confirm that mine is a FR229a?

mine is the one in the middle..there is a huge money difference between the FR229A & FR229..tell me what you think..thanks

138428.jpg.dde45a882e41a19379873da8f5b4035d.jpg

138429.jpg.c635846a1ade67d21703bfe522365931.jpg

Thanks, if im right its the 229a with a value of $7000-00 plus..im waiting for my coin dealer to get back in town..he buys and sells old notes..its driving his employees nuts..they even took pics of all the bills and sent them to him..its only 4 more days but the wait is killing me..this one is either a choice AU or unc...

As the saying goes - don't count your chickens before the eggs......

My opinion of the grade from the image is maybe a solid VF. It has the usual folded into 8ths pattern - 3 verticals and 1 horizontal - with other bends and folds, crumpled corners, etc. I don't know of anyone who would grade it as AU or CU.

Good luck with your coin dealer.

Yeah it has been over a month since last word about some dealer coming back in town.

I was curious to know how he made out. Did you figure that out Jim?

Don't really know. You could check out Ebay if you have the time and are interested.

It could have been a made up story. To the best of my knowledge he never showed a picture of the dresser or where he found it.

But who knows (and really cares)?

He hyped it both here and ATS (note they banned me ATS after being a contributing member for over 10 years).

But who knows (and really cares)?

He hyped it both here and ATS (note they banned me ATS after being a contributing member for over 10 years).

No. I don't think I care enough to look into it either. Maybe he/she sold it for millions and is on the beach in Mexico.