• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rare Find: Louisiana 1863 $20 Beauregard Sheet of 10

6 posts in this topic

Dear members,

Lately I have done a rare find in France. At an auction I was able to purchase a sheet of 10 $20 Beauregard remainders. I have looked on famous auction sites for currency as ha.com, but still I was not able to find a second example. Do you know more about this sheet? Does any of you have one in their collection? As may be observed the sheet is in excellent condition and folded in the middle. The lower left note has an error, at the left side of the note it may be observed that a part of the ink is not there.

Best regards,

Marco

http://i1310.photobucket.com/albums/s643/MPGMPeters/198_zps6bffc8a1.jpg

That's a really cool piece. I've just started collecting paper money so I haven't seen anything like it before... all I know is that Heritage sold one remainder for $149.50 January of 2012. Is it bad taste to ask what you paid for it?

In Hugh Shulls "Southern States Currency" this sheet is listed as a rarity 10, reflecting a surviving population of 5-15. There is no price listed due to its rarity, only "very rare". You can probably get some very nice money for this from one of the large obsolete dealers. Great pickup.