• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Obsolete Currency Collection posted by scarms

1 post in this topic

I spent that last 15 years putting together my obsolete currency collection and its now going up for auction!

Unfortunatly due to circumstances beyond my control my entire obsolete currency collection will be going up for auction at this years FUN show through Heritage auctions.

There are heaps of rare proofs and issued notes from a variety of states with little or no reserve! Due to the current fiscal climate i dont expect record prices for the notes so it may be a great chance to snap up some ultra rare notes for a fraction of there value.

If you collect notes from IL or WI then this will be a great auction to have a look at as there are some fantastic notes from these two states.

In regards to proof obsoletes one of the fastest growing areas of obsolete currency collecting IMO there are some fantastic notes up for grabs including some very high grade notes (PMG/PCGS 67s etc) and a couple of proof sheets!

I do believe obsolete currency still has a long way to go in regards to pricing relative to rarity so at this time there are some ultra rare and in some cases such as the $3 Manhatten Bank Ohio proof note unique notes selling for literally hundreds of dollars....i cant think of any other are of numismatics where you can still find raritys such as this for under $1000

Anyway i thought i would let everyone know that an actual colletion of obsoletes will be in the auction...Heritage are very good at getting real collectors collections to the auction blocks compared to dealers inventory that cant be sold like a few of the other auction houses etc...i always find better items in auctions with collectors collections not just dealers stock some that havnt been seen since they were last purchased by the consignor sometimes decades previously

Happy collecting and if you cant get out to the FUN show then def have a look at the auction online as you can bid on the auction & watch it live online! wow how things have changed lol

See more journals by scarms