• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fancy Back 1890 Treasury Note Finishes Collection posted by GSA_Gem_Quest

2 posts in this topic

Happy New Year! Moving on to 2013.

I am very pleased to announce today that my $1 large-size currency type-set is now complete, and I am also the first registry participant to achieve a 100% complete set in that category. My set won't win any awards for points, but it did win an award a few years back for best presented set. At the time, the set was still missing a few notes. I feel better about the award now that it is complete.

I finished the set by adding the 1890 $1 Treasury or Coin note (Fr. 349) with Edwin Stanton on the face and the ornate fancy back. One of my favorites and a hard one to find, the note is ranked at #83 in the book "100 Greatest American Currency Notes" by Q. David Bowers.

I was in no rush, but even so, it took me almost five years to put together this set. It was a lot of fun along the way, but I am glad to be finished too. Now time to move on.

Please take a look at:

http://notes.www.collectors-society.com/registry/notes/MySets_Listing.aspx?PeopleSetID=1126&SelectedTab=SetListing

12776.jpg

See more journals by GSA_Gem_Quest