• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nice Bank Find!!

10 posts in this topic

Went to my local WF branch last week to see if they had any CWRs and one of the tellers asked me if I wanted this little jewel. They know I like $2 bills. Of course, I took it along with the rolls. Unfortunately whoever sent it the the drive-up folded it to fit in the pneumatic tube but at least the teller didn't cut it up!!! Have no clue what the value might be but it's staying in my safe.

130996.jpg.9e0634db8cabac00dd606fb68c4cfb25.jpg

part of a sheet of $2 sold to the public in the 1980s. They also sold sheets of $1 in 16 and 32 notes. You can tell because all of these sheets were star notes, and were never meant to be circulated but collected. As the novilty of these sheets wore off in the 80's you could pick them up for face value or a little over face, and we used to get them and when we went to a restaurant we would have a pair if sizzors with us and cut of the number of notes that we wished to tip with. The waitress really did not know what to do and we have even had the police called because they thought we were counterfieters. I am not sure if the BOEP still sells them as collectables.

wheat