• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blue Note (Not a jazz reference :D)

6 posts in this topic

Ok. So this is my first post about actual currency. Please dont shoot me if I do this wrong.

I found in my wallet this blue one dollar bill. Not sure where it came from but it looks real and feels real. I am assuming I got it as change from somewhere and just wasnt paying attention when I stuffed the cash in my wallet. (I know everyone everywhere I shop so it would be more of an insult to count the change then to just say ok and loose a buck or two. Plus their all intelligent professionals so its highly unlikely for them to make a mistake.)

Here is a photo, I took it with a standard 1976 two dollar bill on either side to show the color comparison. They are in standard BCW sleeves. (I know they arent really worth the sleeves based on their condition but I like them.)

BlueOneDollarBillCompareSmall.jpg

Any idea if this is 'anything special'? My dad says it probably just went through someone's laundry with some dye or something but it speaks to me of the cliche movie marked bills lol so I wonder if maybe there is some relevence to the color that isnt commonly known to my dad.

Thanks for any help. I'm just keepin it cuz its cool. Makes me wonder how many hands it passed through and what people thought about it since it turned this way and why it never ended up at a bank considering a bank would recycle it and not give it back out I would assume.

Thanks!

Hehe. Still looks cool. Maybe I'll soak one myself and see how it comes out. Can always spend it if I dont like it lol. (Haha, just thought of a new 'tagging' idea, doing bleach artwork on dollar bills and then putting them into circulation hehe. :D) Not gunna do it, that would be illegal lol, but it does make me laugh.

To each his own I guess. Ive always loved the idea of circulating artwork. Every so often I see a dollar bill come by that has some cool comments on it (beyond the random notes people take when they dont have paper lol) or someone drew something around it, etc. Less so on the new ones because they are already more 'artistic' and less plain whitespace.

I used to do that thing where you tracked the notes by serial number but it got tedious and I didnt actually use cash enough back then to see too many. If there was a way to scan em lol and use OCR or something, thats be a riot lol.

I guess I'm a simple man into simple things.

If I was better with a small pen I might do some of my own. But I have a handwriting disability so I cant create anything smaller then LARGE block lettering lol and I havnt been able to think up anything cool to get made into a stamp lol.

I thought I saw a thread awhile back (don't remember what forum it was) that had paper money art work. There were some really cool notes done up with pen, pencil, and marker. Maybe try currency artwork on google images or something to find some of the pics. Wish I remembered where that old thread was, it was worth another look.