• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2003 blue seal $5

2 posts in this topic

I have just found a circulated $5 from 2003 that has a blue department of the treasury seal and blue serial numbers below it. The serial numbers to the left of Lincons head are the normal green. I was following a thread about one of these bills that someone else found and on this thread was a photo of a five that looked exactly the same as mine but it was a different series. Here is the link to the other thread and picture.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/paper-currencies/56997-2003-5-dollar-blue-seal.html

I would have thought that maby it was a fake, but all of the markings are correct (water seal, security strip, microprinting to the left of Lincoln's name)

I also would have thougt that maby it was washed but the fact that the color is very even and that there are numerious ones out there that look exactly the same as mine is making me think otherwise.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks