• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you know a reputable, expert dealer in NYC for foreign paper money?

3 posts in this topic

Looking for a paper money (foreign) dealer in new York city.

I have a bill that is supposedly very rare and valuable. I need to have it looked at, maybe get an estimated value, and have it sent to be graded.

The bill is 1939 lybie/syrie 50 livres. It is in uncirculated condition.

I am not sure if the big auction houses deal with foreign paper, that's why I'm asking.

Any info and help will be appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Johnny

Don't know any dealers in NYC But I think your bill is a pick number 44.....Is it dated 1st-September-1939 ? Printed by BWC....

All I can tell you about value is (if this is indeed the note) its value according to the Standard Catalogue of World Paper Money 12th edition 2008 is $35 in (G) good...$150 in (F) fine and $500 in (XF) Extremely Fine.

So if it is indeed this note and it gets authenticated and is in (UNC) grade it will for sure be a valuable piece of currency.

Good luck with it.

Hey. Thanks for the reply.

I decided to just send it to PMG.

I checked the world paper money book (I have the latest edition).

It is actually a LEBANON bill, 50 livres (reads: "cinquante livres") although it says "banque de syrie". It is dated 1-9-1939, and has "LIBAN" on top.

NGC code is LEB30b

My book shows $750 in Fine, and no price showing for any grades higher than F.

I've checked NGC's pop report, and only 2 were graded, both in AU condition.

Hoping for something good :/