• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A PMG Mega Goof?

4 posts in this topic

Okay... I've been searching out some $10 FRNs to add to my sets. Being a good buyer, I've been doing my homework and came across something that seems to be a major mistake. According to my research:

The FR# for the $10 2004A Series is 2039.

The FR# for the $10 2006 Series is 2040.

The FR# for the $10 2009 Series is 2041.

Why, then, am I finding 2004A series notes that are labelled as FR#2041? Is this a goof on PMG's part? :makepoint:

Also, I'm noticing that some sets have slots for the 2009 series $10 notes, and some stop at 2006... what's the deal here? (shrug)

I am finding more and more FR# errors on $10 notes... here is another:

$10 1999 FRN New York

FR# 2033-B* Withrow / Summers

S/N BB00189487* pp B FW

64 EPQ

Clearly the note, and the label indicate it was printed in Fort Worth... that means the correct Friedberg number should be:

FR# 2034-B*

There is no slot for a New York $10 star note from DC in the registry set.

I am finding these mistakes as I do my homework before purchasing, and as I learn more about the numbering systems.

Spoke with them about it, and will be sending them in for re-holdering... it wouldn't matter if not for the fact that I can't add them to my registry sets.

It's all new, and a great learning experience for me... I'm enjoying myself immensely :banana: