• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I've just humbled myself

2 posts in this topic

I finally took some time and looked at some of the registry sets other than my own. Here I've been working on two sets for a few years and found some pretty tough notes for the 50 or so that I need for the two sets. Having found some where only 2-4 have been graded I thought I was doing well.

There is a link to the top sets of all sets which I clicked and holy cow, some of those sets must have over 100 notes in them; and I thought the 50 or so that I needed was a challenge. Jack A is working on a set of $5 FRNs all varieties and stars starting with series 1928 to current. If many are as hard to find as a few I've been chasing my hat is off to him and some of the other guys that made it on to the two pages of top sets.

To look at some of these sets is humbling, I only wish they all had pictures.

Just arrived here about a week ago, and I can relate to your set shock... I saw the number of notes in some of those sets, and my jaw dropped. I am so glad there are some low number sets, so i can actually have some shorter term goals to achieve.

And I agree... a set needs some description and pictures... that is usually how I learn a thing or two about a note I want to acquire.