• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Confederate Money

4 posts in this topic

I am in possession of a confederate note, it looks original, nothing like Ive seen on many of the sites, I have read that many of the ones out there are worthless, is there any way to tell.

its a 1000 dollar note, no 257 there are two presidents in the corners, and it doesnt have any water marks, except tiny 1000 printed on it throughout the box on the bill. I have looked at many fake bills on many of the collector sites but I am just wondering.

Could it be real?

The confederate $1000 which is green and black printing is one of the few confederate notes that is printed on fiber paper look for fibers which are easily seen on the blank reverse of the notes, also most of the counterfeit notes are not signed with "Iron gall" ink which turns brown after the years of exposure to oxygen. The counterfeit signuatures will appear black. A picture would be helpful even a computer scan would help. However, the chances are you have a counterfeit,or novelity note or a reproduction.

Wheat