• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grand Entrance!

3 posts in this topic

Taa Daa!

Hello all!

Some of you may know me from the NGC Coin Registry, and I look forward to meeting more great people over here in paper territory :)

I've had a 'corner-of-my-eye' interest in notes most of my life. In 1976, I was presented with a crisp new $2 bill, which I still have, (and it's still crisp!) and still cherish. A neighbor and I once saved some money by collecting a letter set of one dollar bills, and then five dollar bills, etc. These bills were very circulated, and the fun was in finding a needed letter. Just by being in contact with coins, I learned a bit about currency. I see notes up for auction, and they are always interesting. Up until now, I have not been a serious paper note collector, but I look forward to learning more.

So, what pushed me over the edge and made me purchase my first graded note? Well, it was last week's Numismatic Trivia question, and the fact that I won the grading coupon. I dug out my currency folio and started looking through it to see which note I wanted to have graded - still haven't decided :). But, I also started to dig around here in the PMG registry, and I felt that collector's urge... a quick trip to eBay to see what was available, and wha-la! My first graded note :) I'm attaching a pic of it.

True, it's new, and not ultra rare... but it's my first, and you never forget your first! See y'all around!

11687.jpg

See more journals by SPHansen

Scott,

nice looking note,I also wanted to thank you for the correction on the contest question this week.I won the runner up prize and without your correction neither of us would have won,so once again"Thanks"!!!

lol.. my pleasure! I was surprised that I won, but it certainly helped their cause, as I will be sending in notes I have to be graded :) Now, I need to know where to get 'raw' notes... BEP? Bank?

Any suggestions?

Oh, and I paid 3x face for this note... is that appropriate for the grade, etc? I need to get a feel for the pricing...