• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FR# Confusion

7 posts in this topic

I'm starting to make a collecting where I have one $1 bill for each series from each federal reserve bank.

My question is, if I have a 2006 Series $1 bill from Cleveland (D), how do I know if it's a FR# 1932-D or FR# 1933-D?

According to this program I use, both have the same bank (Cleveland), both have the same signatures (Cabral-Paulson), and both are from the 2006 Series.

So confused. :facepalm:

122997.jpg.4e06e750fb19b315b4eaeb9ddfc17d7a.jpg

Look at the right of the green seal, you will see a FW and a number such as FW C 123, if it was printed at the Fort Worth TX facility, if it was printed at the DC facility you will only see a letter and a number such as C 123, the DC facility notes are not marked DC.

Bill Collector

Outstanding! Thank you so much. I was looking at wording above the green seal, "Washington, D.C." (and of course, they all have that). However, I do have some notes with FW and other missing it, so now I know. Again - thank you!!!

(Can't wait for my book to arrive so I don't have to ask)