• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1869 $1 Legal Tender note

9 posts in this topic

I'm new to paper currency and am looking for a $1 rainbow note for a project I'm working on. I think I've decided on in Fine condition will work.

Here is one recently sold by Heritage at auction for $400 ($460 including the juice).

Is this a typical price for one such as this? Who is a good source for a note like this besides Heritage?

If you are close enough try the Long Beach coin show coming up. A lot of currency dealers there. If you do not plan to attend, PM me and I can do my best to locate what you are looking for. I am not a dealer, but a collector and plan to attend the Long Beach show and will try to assist you.

Hope that helps.

The Long Beach Show is the first weekend of February, isn't it? If that's the case I may be at the Chino Planes of Fame Museum watching their FW-190 fly. I think my daughter would rather go to Long Beach with me because she'll get lunch at Islands across the street from the show. hm