• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Noowbish question

6 posts in this topic

It's basically a pair of notes with consecutive serial numbers but which are different in series or signature pair. There can also be reverse changover pairs in which the higher serial number note of the paid is of the earlier design. I have a reverse changeover pair of large size $1 silver certificates (see: http://notes.www.collectors-society.com/registry/notes/NoteDetail.aspx?PeopleNoteID=39&PeopleSetID=18) and the higher serial number is a Speelman-White while the lower number is a Woods-White, the latter being the later signature combination. For small size notes they are usually consecutive notes of a different series, so maybe one is a series 1928A and the second is a 1928B. I'm not sure that reverse changeovers are possible for small size notes, but that's not my area, so someone else might know. In any case, changeover pairs in general are very hard to find.

I've recently found out for small size that changeover pairs include the change between narrow and wide such as the 1934C $10 FRN or the 1934D $20 FRN. So I guess changeover pairs are consecutive notes with any design change between them.

The first changeover pair I saw was at a show where a dealer had a changeover pair of,, I believe $5 Silvers from Dave Schlingman's collection. One note was from one series and the other was from the next series. I remember thinking they were pretty cool but because they were not Emergency notes I passed which I regret somewhat.