• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How about a $100,000,000,000,000 bill?

12 posts in this topic

Interesting thing about these huge numbers....It's almost impossible to imagine what actually is a Hundred Trillion anythings.

I saw a very good analogy that seemed to make it a little easier to comprehend. Although still staggering and mind blowing.

Think of it in time.....Seconds actually.

One Million seconds equals approx' 11 days

One Billion seconds equals approx' 32 years

One Trillion seconds equals approx' 32,000 years.

So a Hundred Trillion = 3,200,000 years worth of seconds...

Three million two hundred thousand years worth of one seconds.....Yeah! still hard to comprehend huh!

I have one of them. I had 3 or four but I gave one to my mom and one to my dad to pay back my student loans and buy the house and car I always promised them when I was a kid. :D

I even sent one to my ex wife back when we were married and living on opposite sides of the globe telling her I told her I would be rich someday. Maybe she divorced me cuz she found out what it was really worth. :D

The funny/scary thing is the fact the biggest fake paper currency I have in the big denominations department is only 1 billion. I had a couple 1 trillion funny money back when I was a kid but lost em due to being about 10 years old lol. Never seen 100 trillion toy money. Inflations gotta be bad when it beats that. :|

"They had a grave dug and payed for it in meat..." I feel all sheepish now collecting them cuz they look cool. Dont think there is much I can do from over here though. If I knew someone who had access to them I might buy more at a higher value just to give a little boost however small and get some for my collection. Dont know what they are worth now but I think I only paid like 2 dollars each including shipping for mine.

Its so easy to distance yourself from world problems but then sometimes its hard to know where to start to help and there's so many you cant help them all anyway. :(