• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Today I had a BAD day with NGC !!! iT WAS TERRIBLE!!! posted by novamomm

5 posts in this topic

I logged on. just as I thought I normally did. There was suddenly no collection. I could envision all that work GONE!!!

I started looking for software to manage the collection. That was quite an experience. I would advise against it. Ask someone if you feel you need it. That someone should have a LOT of experience !!! After a couple of hours of searching, and a note to NGC ( they cannot be reached after hours ) I decided to try one more time with a different email and password. Who would believe it? It worked. Wonders never cease....

See more journals by novamomm

I can just imagine how you felt. The best way to of handled this was to just

stand back, turn off your computer, an then call NGC. Remember,,, with this fine service, I'm sure they'll look into it for you.

You'll look back at all this,,,,, and be happy you selected this grading service for the way these people put it all together in the first place. Good Luck in your collection!

It happened to me as well. During periods when NGC is doing system maint. some or all of my sets are just gone. Usually they warn you before you log-on, but not always.

In any case, they do back-up all of our info, and it will re-appear after they're finished.

I started looking for software to manage the collection.

I keep my inventory offline and downloaded CoinManage and CurrencyManage. This way I can add, delete, and view my coins when away from in internet connection.

I run reports from the programs and upload them to my personal website so I have access to those even if I am away from my laptop and I can view them from my iPhone.