• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Correction to Pop Report

4 posts in this topic

Unlike coins we can keep the pop reports accurate because we have serial numbers. I had a note resubmitted because I and another person that is very good at grading thought it should make 67EPQ. PMG disagreed, it came back 66EPQ and the pop report was incremented from 4 to 5. Now 2 of those 5 are the same note.

If you check cert numbers 1190664-001 (the old holder) the serial number is the same as 1183627-003 (the new holder). Funny, I'd have thought the new cert number would be higher but it is not. This is for FR 2306* grade 66EPQ the pop should be 4.

I used the lookup tool and the old number comes up. If there is any other info you need to make the correction I'll be happy to supply it.

BTW, I noticed the new holder is a bit clearer, less tint. Are you changing holders?

Bill

Bill,

The pop report actually shows correctly for 2306* at 5 for the grade of 66. There may have been another note submitted during the time you submitted your note, but it is correct. The old number will come up using the tool, but it does not mean it has duplicated in the report. Thank you for the information and good luck with your collection.

Chad Hawk

Chad,

The only part that bothers me is saying there may have been another note submitted. To go from 4 to 5 there must have been if there are no duplicates as there are in coin pop reports. Serial numbers are a wonderfull thing, you can keep the integrity of the pop report true; an extension of the integrity shown in grading.

I'll check with E.H. to see if he knows why this one didn't make the grade, I'm stumped.

Thanks for responding,

Bill