• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Red seal 2$ bill question.

9 posts in this topic

I picked up 44 1928/1953 red seal 2$ bills at the bank the other day. If i scan all of them and post them here would you guys be able to tell me a price I could expect to get on selling them.

I'm a comic book guy, I post on the CGC forum a lot but I came over here for some help. Let me know if anyone can help.

The grades are rough. It I had them to sell on Ebay I would sell the 2 star notes separately, as these have some collector value. The non-star notes I would also start at face in a separate auction. Your best "score" was the 1885-CC Morgan. This should bring you at least a couple hundred bucks -- the higher the grade the more.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the link jrabbott!

I agree, there isn't much there thats worth much over face value. I'd use them to buy small things with and for tips. It would be cool to get some other people interested in collecting by doing so. Its also kind of interesting to pay with stuff like that just too see what kind of reactions you get from people that have never seen those before.