• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reichsbanote

5 posts in this topic

These are notes from the German hyperinflation in the early 1920s, the top one is 5 billion marks, the bottom one is 50 billion marks. In German a millionen is the equivalent of a billion in English, while a billionen is the equivalent of a trillion in English. Interesting notes, but most of these don't have a high value since so many millions were printed (they were eventually used for cooking since the notes were cheaper than firewood). I don't know if these are rare varieties, so I'll defer to any experts on the board, but if they are common they might be worth a dollar or two.

These are notes from the German hyperinflation in the early 1920s, the top one is 5 billion marks, the bottom one is 50 billion marks. In German a millionen is the equivalent of a billion in English, while a billionen is the equivalent of a trillion in English. Interesting notes, but most of these don't have a high value since so many millions were printed (they were eventually used for cooking since the notes were cheaper than firewood). I don't know if these are rare varieties, so I'll defer to any experts on the board, but if they are common they might be worth a dollar or two.

This :)