• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are Rainbow Notes particularly hot right now?

6 posts in this topic

I've been looking at buying an 1869 $1 bill to add to my collection of coins and fractional notes that circulated in 1873 (the year the famous Coinage Act passed), and I see they are getting fairly pricey.

Have many different series of notes gone up in value over the past few years, or are the Rainbow Notes particularly hot right now?

Rainbow notes are always popular. For more info on their prices do a search of completed auctions on eBay or check the Heritage auction archives...

If you want one in high grade you will probably pay. Ironically, I paid less for my $5 rainbow, then my $1 rainbow...

All high end large sizes seems to be going up in price right now.

MintCollector -- can you post your two notes, I would love to see them.

Thanks.

- Jon

I am sorry but all my notes are high grade and as such kept off site locked away. I no longer even post photos of other collectibles either; mainly due to privacy concerns...

Check out some of Boiler's notes. He seems not to worried about privacy.

Or check out a few high end dealers. I will gladly give you a list of noteworthy dealers if you would like...

Good luck in your search, but expect to pay if you are looking for high grade notes...especially Rainbow notes...