• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ATM Find

10 posts in this topic

This afternoon I hit the ATM to make a substantial withdrawal and what do my wondering eyes should appear?

It wasn't someone with eight tiny reindeer, but a 1950 series $20 note.

Someone wrote on both sides, the front with a pencil, and the back with crayon or colored pencil.

twenty_frnt.jpg

twenty_backjpg.jpg

It looks nice, but you'd be hard pressed to get much more than face for it. Personally, I would save it, but then again I am a hoarder of such things! You might be able to get a little premium if you put it on the marketplace. I've gotten so many of these over the years for face, but I'd still be willing to pay a couple bucks over face for one.

I was at my bank a few years ago and a gentleman was getting money from an ATM.

He withdrew five $20's and then marched to the teller mad as hell.

"Look at these! I want real money, NOT funny money!" he screamed at the poor woman.

What he had were five uncirculated twenty dollar bills with blank reverses. Yes, the first printing was never done. The teller took them and gave him "real" money.

I didn't have the heart to tell him that the "funny money" bills were worth about $100 each. I did however withdraw $100 from the same ATM in hopes of obtaining a few.

Rats, he got the last five... :mad:

Back on topic, great find but not really worth much. Maybe buy a few Mega Millions tickets with it.

"Look at these! I want real money, NOT funny money!" he screamed at the poor woman.

What he had were five uncirculated twenty dollar bills with blank reverses. Yes, the first printing was never done. The teller took them and gave him "real" money.

I didn't have the heart to tell him that the "funny money" bills were worth about $100 each. I did however withdraw $100 from the same ATM in hopes of obtaining a few.

Back on topic, great find but not really worth much. Maybe buy a few Mega Millions tickets with it.

I take it the woman didnt want to sell them to you :( What a bummer

I take it the woman didnt want to sell them to you :( What a bummer

She seemed very busy and I had to get back to work. But if I had asked nicely, who knows?