• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

questions regarding educational notes

7 posts in this topic

Im on my phone so searching is harder. Anyway, im new to paper money, but would love to own some educational notes. Im trying to get an idea if they're affordable. Im not looking for graded bills. Also they don't need to be high grade just nice looking. Can anyone give me a decent idea what the different denominations would run, raw and mid grade?

My advice; start with the most affordable, the $1 bill. I only collect uncirculated high grade bills, so I don't know a price for a mid grade bill. A PMG 64 EPQ would run you around $3,000. On a good day, maybe a few hundred less or more.

This is a key note.

By the way, I collect comics too. PM anytime...

Sincerely,

'mint'

In mid grade (being VF in my book) the $1 runs maybe $400, the $2 runs about $800-900 and the $5 runs in the $2,500-$3,000 range. Hope this helps.

Thank you both. Ok, so the $1 is affordable in Vf. That's good to know. The other 2 i'll look for in lower grades than vf

I would buy a slabbed one to protect yourself. Either PMG or PCGS graded. I prefer PMG...

It may not cost you much more for the grade you are after.

Note one interesting thing in paper money collecting; bills are created with slightly raised inks. If this is not present you do not have an original bill. Try to go after a bill with EPQ or PPQ.

EPQ is the PMG grading term and PPQ is the PCGS grading term. They both mean the same thing. Original paper quality. This is coveted by collectors and I pay more for it; in fact I don't collect items that do not have this attribute...

Just a word to the wise...however, there is no wrong way to collect. This is only my personal opinion.

I would buy a slabbed one to protect yourself. Either PMG or PCGS graded. I prefer PMG...

It may not cost you much more for the grade you are after.

Note one interesting thing in paper money collecting; bills are created with slightly raised inks. If this is not present you do not have an original bill. Try to go after a bill with EPQ or PPQ.

EPQ is the PMG grading term and PPQ is the PCGS grading term. They both mean the same thing. Original paper quality. This is coveted by collectors and I pay more for it; in fact I don't collect items that do not have this attribute...

Just a word to the wise...however, there is no wrong way to collect. This is only my personal opinion.

Thank u. You're opinion is smart. Im definitly following your advice. I only buy older comics in cgc cases. Its just worth extra money to be safe.