• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Japanese Invasion currency or ????

3 posts in this topic

From my archives. I bought this in the 1970's and just let it see the light of day since Nixon was in office. Not sure exactly what it is, since there is not a serial number other than MT. Anyone have info?

108764.jpg.014b37c3dd39bcd6801f00ad802c47fd.jpg

108765.jpg.32dcad1968a096c1463afe5b13b66560.jpg

This is a 100 Dollar Japanese WWII Occupation note from Malaya (Pick# M8). The "MT" designates the country, which in this case is Malaya. Thanks for the post...your note looks to still be in pretty good condition.

Yup! I have a whole set of these in an envelope from the Tatham Stamp & Coin Co. of Springfield Mass, marketed as "Japanese notes for the invasion of the United States (?); 1c-$1,000.00" These were marketed as being for the invasion of the US, but they were simply for Malaya which used the same base currency notation that we do. The original price was $3 and I don't think I paid too much more than that a few years ago when I bought it!