• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing "short snorter" note.

7 posts in this topic

This item just finished being auctioned off today. I did NOT bid on it as I've already blown well past my budget for the year. It's a pretty amazing note. Here is the auction house write-up on the bill:

Description

Series 1935 United States one dollar silver certificate, signed on both sides by 27 officials, most of which were presumably acquired during the Casablanca Conference of January 14-24, 1943. Signers include Winston Churchill, Dwight D. Eisenhower, Matthew Ridgway, Free French Forces representative Henri Giraud, NBC radio commentator H. V. Kaltenborn, Quartermaster General Thomas B. Larkin, INS representative to the Department of Justice Henry B. Hazard, attorney and war crimes expert Willard B. Cowles, Sierra Leone statesman Edward W. Blyden III, and Supreme Court Justice Robert H. Jackson.

FWIW the bill went for (including commission) ~$4,300.

3224654out.jpg

3224654Rout.jpg

I've always had a tough time with shortsnorters; a bunch of signatures that have no meaning to me, but that one is an exception.

This is the only note I have that has ink on it that was not from the BEP. To me it is the climax to the story of Emergency Notes.

P34079527C.jpg

I've always had a tough time with shortsnorters; a bunch of signatures that have no meaning to me, but that one is an exception.

This is the only note I have that has ink on it that was not from the BEP. To me it is the climax to the story of Emergency Notes.

P34079527C.jpg

I like that one Weg!