• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

List you favorite US notes

15 posts in this topic

Hello.

Although I am a coin collector, I have an interest in paper as well. I have several low (older) mintage notes/currency and wanting to see if they would be listed. Lets say up to 5 and your reason why. In several days, I will list one and see if we have any matches.

Chet

My favorite notes are:

1. Educational $1 Note

2. 1899 $2 Silver Certificate

3. Woodchopper note (1880-1907) $5 Legal Tender

3. 1890-1891 $1 Treasury Note (yes, I cheated and included both years-I own a 1891)

4. $10 or $20 Gold Certificate (1922 series)

5. ANY $1 or $2 1918 FRBN from any district (yes I cheated again and included both the $1 and $2 series)

Hope that helps answer your question!

Sincerely,

mintcollector

For Jeff :grin:

That's funny, I got a slip in my mailbox today that I have a package to pick up at the post office, it must be these notes that you sent me! lol

And I forgot about the poker chip, that's a beautiful note too. The sad thing is that I think I have all these notes, but Boiler's make mine seem so blah...

I must say I really had no idea just how beautiful some of these notes are. Just how rare are some of those? Poker Chip, Morgan Back? Am looking at paper in a whole different light.

Here are several which were found in a ledger book in my safe of which the last entry was 1934. Just looking through some old stuff a viola. Just never know what one might find. Should I get the Bison encapsulated? It certainly has some wear.. Feel free to post more.

Chet

106844.jpg.66349f6178c90da30e3a1c2d82b3c1a9.jpg

106845.jpg.5e70e5b1ed191da16544ac5ef08c9521.jpg

106846.jpg.06e10a5348b88f8d6e9f58596b66904b.jpg

106847.jpg.d4c841a03d856e8bed7306c9a68a6319.jpg

A person may think this would be easy to answer, but I find it one of the toughest. There are so many beautiful designs to choose from that it took me a couple years just to decide what to collect (while I was buying a little of this and that). After buying some really nice notes reality finally hit; I'd never be able to complete this collection. So all my large size went to the 2008 FUN show. So what did I like and be able to afford building a complete collection, or at least come close to completing. What I settled on does not have anywhere near the eye appeal but I do like the history that goes with them; Emergency notes.

What are my favorite notes? I still can not say, but I sure like the California Gold Bank Notes, then a $5 1886 Silver Cert seems a natural to go with them.