• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Couple of Pieces (A n00b question)

5 posts in this topic

Good Morning,

1st off I want to apologize in advance of not being more organized about this but I was cleaning up in my house and ran across this little "stash" of domestic(American) & foreign currency, it ANYONE at all can assist me in knowing the value's and names of some of these pieces I would greatly appreciate it.

*The one with Egyptian hieroglyphs is a torn piece i found walking in the house one day, never did find the rest, nor do i know what it was doing where i found it at.

Again thanks for your help, and hopefully the picture are clear enough.

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

It's nice of you to take an interest in what you found. Unfortuanetly, many people when they see older notes think they must be worth a lot of money. Please don't let it get you down because they aren't worth a whole lot. One nice thing about collecting World banknotes opposed to USA banknotes is you can find some very pretty and intersting notes for not a lot of money. Although I do own some US banknotes, most of my collection is foreign notes. A couple of notes about currency. The date, unlike coins, is not necessarily the year it was printed. Notes are dated by design. When the design changes, the year of the change is printed on the note. Also, a "Pick" or "P" number is the catalog number that is used to refer to specific notes.

Below is what I could find on the notes you show:

The first note is from the Phillipines and is a 10 Piso note that was printed 1985-1994 - P #169 - and is worth its face value.

The next note is a 5 Piso note from the Phillipines. It too was printed between 1985 and 1994 its P #168 and worth its face value.

The Zaire note is 1 Nouveau Mikuta. It is P #47 worth five cents

The Great Britain 1 Pound issued from 1971 to 1982 P #377 worth its face value.

The Canadian Dollars are from 1954 and are the "modified hair style". These replaced notes that had highlights in the Queen's hair that looked somewhat like a devil's face. They modified the hair highlights to remove the face. It is P #74 and is worth face value.

The First Canadian 5 Dollar bill was issued between 2001 and 2003, P #101 and worth face value.

The second Canada 5 Dollar is from 1986, P #95 and worth face value.

The Egypt note is a 1 Pound note from 1978, P #50

The US $2 is difficult to decipher but it looks like maybe a 1963. It is worth face value.

The first coin is an Australian Fifty Cent and I can't quite tell what the second is other than 25 cents.

The first US coin is a Variety 2 Barber Liberty Head five cent piece. The second group are "Murcury" dimes and the bottom are Barber Liberty Head dimes. As far as their worth, one would need to know the year and mint mark.

Hope that helps you some

It's nice of you to take an interest in what you found. Unfortuanetly, many people when they see older notes think they must be worth a lot of money. Please don't let it get you down because they aren't worth a whole lot. One nice thing about collecting World banknotes opposed to USA banknotes is you can find some very pretty and intersting notes for not a lot of money. Although I do own some US banknotes, most of my collection is foreign notes. A couple of notes about currency. The date, unlike coins, is not necessarily the year it was printed. Notes are dated by design. When the design changes, the year of the change is printed on the note. Also, a "Pick" or "P" number is the catalog number that is used to refer to specific notes.

Below is what I could find on the notes you show:

The first note is from the Phillipines and is a 10 Piso note that was printed 1985-1994 - P #169 - and is worth its face value.

The next note is a 5 Piso note from the Phillipines. It too was printed between 1985 and 1994 its P #168 and worth its face value.

The Zaire note is 1 Nouveau Mikuta. It is P #47 worth five cents

The Great Britain 1 Pound issued from 1971 to 1982 P #377 worth its face value.

The Canadian Dollars are from 1954 and are the "modified hair style". These replaced notes that had highlights in the Queen's hair that looked somewhat like a devil's face. They modified the hair highlights to remove the face. It is P #74 and is worth face value.

The First Canadian 5 Dollar bill was issued between 2001 and 2003, P #101 and worth face value.

The second Canada 5 Dollar is from 1986, P #95 and worth face value.

The Egypt note is a 1 Pound note from 1978, P #50

The US $2 is difficult to decipher but it looks like maybe a 1963. It is worth face value.

The first coin is an Australian Fifty Cent and I can't quite tell what the second is other than 25 cents.

The first US coin is a Variety 2 Barber Liberty Head five cent piece. The second group are "Murcury" dimes and the bottom are Barber Liberty Head dimes. As far as their worth, one would need to know the year and mint mark.

Hope that helps you some

it definitely helps a whole lot! thank you.

and lol yea i figured they wasn't worth much but im in a financial bind at the moment and was hoping i had stumbled across something enough to bring me out of a small debt but it's all good.

I love seeing foreign money it's interesting to me the different designs and portraits they hold.

Thank you again!

The $2 note is a series 1953 I believe, since the 1963 removed "Will Pay to the Bearer on Demand" on the front. It might be worth a little more than face, but given the condition you'd be hard pressed to find a buyer. I suggest before you spend it you post a notice on the buy/sell/trade section and see if anyone is interested in it.

The dimes are silver and at a minimum would have a melt value of $1,92 each with current silver prices, Depending on the date/mintmark they could be worth more.

If you are planning to sell them, like I said, post them in the B/S/T forum (Money Marketplace), I know I'd be intersted in the US and Canadian notes.