• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$1000 question!

8 posts in this topic

I have a question on a $1000 note. I was comparing it to $500 note from the same series and noticed that the paper is a bit shorter length wise. I've enclosed some pictures to hopefully give you an idea of what I'm looking at. Is this something I should be worried about or is it normal to have a small variation? My intent is to have it graded, but I don't want to have it come back as being altered. Thank you for your advice!

2iu6fs.jpg[/img]

JW,

This is a good question. It is perfectly normal to observe small variations. These variations can be observed on plate and note sizes. Even when comparing notes of the same denomination and series, these variations can be observed. In fact, we have seen notes in the same pack have different sizes. Unfortunately, I am unable to view the images, so a proper determination cannot be made until we have the note in hand. Thanks for the question, and good luck with your collecting!