• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did PMG ever grade notes WITHOUT EPQ designation?

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

Here is a quick question that I can't seem to find the answer for. Did PMG ever grade notes without the EPQ designation? I know they used to list it on the back of the note only; however did they ever just not use it in their grading at all? Anyone know when they started to use this particular grading criteria?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

In addition, notes currently submitted to PMG that are graded 65 or higher, are ALWAYS designated EPQ. You may find some earlier graded 65 or higher notes without the EPQ designation, and if desired PMG will re-holder them with the EPQ designation.

Okay, but is there any way to know? I have a note sitting here that may qualify for EPQ, but I honestly don't know. Would getting the grading notes help or should I just pay to have it reholdered and take a 'chance?'

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

If it is already graded 65 or higher without EPQ, you are not taking a chance, it will be reholdered with the EPQ designation.

If less than 65, you can talk with PMG at a major show and ask their opinion ... they have been more than helpful when I've asked them why certain notes graded what they did.