• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1967 Canadian dollars

3 posts in this topic

Can anyone tell me why they had two different styles of Canadian dollar bills in 1967? I have uncirculated versions of both the ones with the double year as well as with the serial number. And do they have much value? Thanks for any info. (thumbs u

The notes were issued for the 100th Anniversary of the Canadian Confederation. One note was the "normal" note that was double dated. The other commemorates the old parliament building that burned down sometime in the early 20th century. The parliament building was seen as symbol of the success of the confederation.

Scott

The notes with serial numbers circulated. I never saw the 1867-1967 notes in my change (but -- fuzzy memory here -- you could get them from banks and in commemorative sets).

Neither is worth a lot, maybe $4 uncirculated -- perhaps $5 for the serial numbered note. Basically face value for anything in lesser condition.

They're both a nice addition to any 1954 series collection or Centennial coin set.