• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sticking to a plan...but it's tough

11 posts in this topic

Seeing all of the attractive $5 and $10 notes out there has made it difficult to stick with $1 but from a budget standpoint I don't want to spread myself too thin so I am going to try to put together a run of $1 notes before jumping into other denominations. I have the black eagle in my sites right now but I think I am going to go for something close to uncirculated....maybe a PMG/PCGS 50 or so as I love the look but want a higher grade then most of what is floating around on Ebay and I figure I should have a lot to choose from when I go to the FUN show.

Anyway here is another note I picked up last night....my thought was yes it's a super common note even in high grade but I need one for my set lol

K942710.jpg

Is it me or does it seem like all of the notes on Ebay with BIN's are mostly overpriced?

No you're correct on the BIN's. With the Bay taking roughly 12% and PP taking another 3% (+/-) it causes the BIN's to go up. I hate giving roughly 15% on a BIN, you end up negative most times - except for the rare instance (IE: 2008 w Buffalo Fractionals).

Love the Silver Certificate!

Let me guess.....you like black eagles? lol

All are very nice and I was wondering if I would be crazy going after notes like this that are quite common even though they are eye appealing and popular. If I stick with dollars though I am going to need a black eagle and also the even more common 1923 SC....but I like them so what the heck!

I also want a Gold Certificate as I have never owned one before so I don't think I am going to be able to wait long to acquire one :cloud9:

If you stick with $1 you will probably want an educational note. If you are interested I can sell you the XF-45 I have. I bought it raw as an AU/CU I(and thought was a full CU) so the grade assigned is conservative in my opinion.

Look at my previous post, it is the first one.

Too funny...your comments said:

If you stick with $1 you will probably want an educational note. If you are interested I can sell you the XF-45 I have.

....meaning that you would sell me a $1 Educational note in XF45 lol That I knew I couldn't afford.... :devil:

If you want to PM me a price on your XF45 Black eagle I will certainly consider it :applause: